Dell inspiron 15 7559 Laptop Review: Dell Inspiron has been the safe choice for those who are looking at the budget laptops. In order to keep it up to date the company refreshes it. Now the company has added a gaming-oriented subset to the new inspiron 7000 series and it is based on latest Intel Skylake platform.
Dell inspiron 15 7559 Laptop Review
Currently, in India there are just two SKUs in this series. The Inspiron 15 7559 currently competes with likes of the MSI GE62 6QD, that is also priced to this Inspiron’s with a price tag of Rs. 1,20,990.
LOOK and FEEL
– The design is similar to the older Inspiron 7000 series but expected for the fact that Dell has traded in aluminum for the plastic chassis with matte rubber finish.
– It is coupled with a red motif around the speakers, exhaust vents, logo on the lid and trackpad.
– When it is closed it measures nearly 17mm in width and it weighs at 2.72kg.
– The rubber texture feels really good and do not attract scratches easily.
– The trackpad is wide.
– The multi-finger gestures for the Windows 10 work fine
– With Chiclet-style keys there is a full sized keyboard.
– It comes with a 15.6 inch UHD LED-backlit touchscreen
– The colour reproduction and brightness of the panel are very good.
– There is a total of three USB ports i.e. one USB 2.0 and two 3.0, a headphone, HDMI, an Ethernet port, a headphones and microphone combo jack.
– It has three exhaust vents and two cooling fans
SPECIFICATIONS and SOFTWARE
– It has Intel core i7-6700HQ, a quad-core processor with thw Hyper-Threading technology which is running at 2.6GHz
– A maximum turbo frequency of 3.5 GHz
– RAM of 16GB
– A Samsung 128GB M.2 SSD
– A 1TB Seagate hard drive
– An Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
After the Windows setup, the updater of Dell program automatically installed a number of updates to its program that includes a BIOS update. As this is a UHD display so, Windows automatically set the display by scaling to 250 percent. The laptop runs quiet for regular tasks. The palm rest are stays cool. App performance and general Windows performance is very good since the SSD is used as boot drive and the 1TB mechanical drive is left for the storage.
The laptop has a very good audio thanks to the 2.1 speakers. The Inspiron 15 does well in benchmarks.
Under the Battery Eater Pro the Inspiron 15 lasted for only about 1 hour and 16 minutes, which is bit too light for a 6-cell battery. We also made sure that the integrated Intel GPU was only active and not the working with the Office documents then we got a little more than three and half hours of the battery life.
The Inspiron 15 is a good premium laptop that you really cannot go wrong with. But yes, do remember that it is on the expensive side but yet we feel that the overall package will leave you satisfied. You will get the beefy components, a good set of speakers and a great UHD display for all your multimedia needs. Thanks to the included SSD that the laptop performs very well because it has got enough capacity for the OS and for one or two games. The laptop can also handle heaviest games too.
But yes, it is not perfect and we wish that there are certain things that were different. For instance, the size of the laptop that is given, we don’t see that why Dell ditched the optical drive? Granted, we can buy software and games online, but it would not have hurt to be able to use the game DVDs. You should also keep in mind that this laptop is bulky and quite heavy and making it more of a desktop replacement than the actual laptop.
- Good overall performance
- Sharp UHD display
- Speakers are clear and loud
- No optical drive
- Battery life is not great
- A bit expensive
- Bulky and heavy
Ratings (Out of 5)
- Display: 4
- Software: 4
- Design: 4
- Performance: 4
- Value for money: 3
- Overall: 4
Price (MRP): Rs.1,20,990