HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation Review: The HP Book Studio G3 Mobile Workstation is the handsome as it is prepared for doing the work that you are going to need it to do. Unlike, the workstations of the past laptops, this unit does not dispense with the weight or thinness, either. This machine is an Ultrabook and in fact, HP calls it the world’s first quad core workstation Ultrabook. It has a display of 15.6 inch up front and your various choices of bunch of different innards under the hood.
HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation Review
With this notebook, HP has returned for a form with a machine that feels very natural to use and fits enough power to do the work in chassis and that is not big enough to endanger your feet should you drop it. This HP Book Studio G3 is offered in either Windows 7 or Windows 10 configurations and rolls right with the options that include the Intel Xeon processors or the Intel Core i7 processors.
You can easily choose from any of the following according to your needs:
- Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 with the Intel HD graphics P530 and this includes
- Up to 3.70 GHz with the Intel Turbo Boost technology
- 4 cores
- 8MB L3 cache
- Intel Xeon E3-1545M v5 with the Intel Iris Pro Graphics P580, it is available in 1H16
- Intel Core i7-6820HQ with the Intel HD graphics 530 it includes
- 70 GHz
- Which is up to 3.60 GHz with the Intel Turbo Boost technology
- 4 cores
- 8 MB L3 cache
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ with the Intel HD graphics 530 it includes
- 60 GHz
- Which is up to 3.50 GHz with the Intel Turbo Boost technology
- 4 cores
- 6 MB L3 cache
On the other hand, the Graphics options include Integrated:
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics P580 or Discrete
- Intel HD graphics 530
- NVIDIA Quadro M1000M – 4GB is dedicated GDDR5
- Intel HD graphics P530
All these come with a maximum memory allotment of:
- 256 GB up to 512 GB M.2 SATA SSD SED
- 32 GB DDR4-2133 ECC and non-ECC SDRAM
- 128 GB M.2 SATA SSD
- 256 GB up to 1 TB HP Z Turbo Drive G2
- The display on which you will be working is also up to you i.e. models do come in 15.6 inch diagonal configurations, there is also a FHD UWVA IPS anti-glare LED-backlit of 1920/1080
- 6-inch FHD Touch UWVA IPS LED-backlit of 1920/1080
- 6-inch diagonal UHD UWVA IPS anti-glare LED-backlit of 3840/2160
- And also 15.6-inch diagonal UHD DreamColor UWVA IPS anti-glare LED-backlit of 3840/2160.
For now, we recommend the 3840/2160 model. Since the DreamColor model has not yet been released and we are not ending up needing the touchscreen all that much. You will be using this device above at some peek of the angles and below.
With the edge of this machine you will find a single SD UHS-II flash media slot- which is compatible with the SDXC and SDHC, aside from that on the left side of this notebook you will find 1/ USB 3.0, 1/RJ-45 and 1/USB 3.0 charging.
On the right of this machine you will find:
- 1/HDMI 1.4
- 1/power connector
- 2/Thunderbolt 3 ports
- 1/stereo microphone-in
- Also headphone out combo port
This notebook has more than enough power for doing everyday tasks- especially if most of your day consists of reading and writing.
Also Read: HP Spectre 13 Review
In all the cases the HP ZBook Studio G3 is an exceedingly comfortable device to use. The trackpad is one of the finest HP has ever worked with, the travels well and display is kind on the eyes. The fingerprint unit works scanner of this unit also works super quick.
Also Read: Asus ZenBook UX303UB Review
The price of the basic model begins at around $1,898.99 USD and the price of different models are variant.