Amazing news for Pokémon GO fans that were looking forward to catching new Pokémon. Last night, Niantic released the Pokémon GO update that added eighty new Pokémon from the Johto region. With the influx of new Pokémon, as well as items and improvements, it is expected that a lot of inactive players will pick the game up, and start catching Pokémon!
Pokémon GO Generation Two
Pokémon GO has received eighty new Pokémon from the second generation of the series. Last year, Niantic already added several baby Pokémon to the game, such as Pichu, Togepi and Smoochum. After last night’s update, you will be able to find dozens of more Pokémon that you couldn’t find before. This means that the game will change a little for the players.
There are already many websites on the internet that offer guides to catch the generation two Pokémon in Pokémon GO. In this article, we will try to summarize everything that has been rolled out in last night’s update. You have to take into account that the update has brought more than just some new Pokémon to catch.
There are also new evolutions, as well as split-evolutions, different genders and new move sets. Of course, you will also have to get used to the new names, such as Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile and many more.
What’s new in Pokémon GO?
In short, the following things have been added to generation two of Pokémon GO:
- More Pokémon: You will be able to find more than eighty new Pokémon in Pokémon GO. Those new Pokémon are immediately available, and can be caught as usual. The new Pokémon can be seen by using your radar. You’ll notice on your radar that there are Pokémon on there that you do not have in your Pokédex yet. The Pokémon also have genders now. This means that you can catch male and female versions of the same Pokémon now.
- New evolutions: Some Pokémon have received new evolutions in the latest update. An example of such a Pokémon is Eevee, which can now evolve into two different Pokémon called Espeon and Umbreon. Pokéstops also received new evolution items that you will need to evolve your Pokémon into a certain different Pokémon.
- Different behavior: Whenever you encounter a wild Pokémon, it might behave differently than what you are used to. There are also new items you can use during encounters.
- New Berries: Two new berries have been added into the game, Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries. The Nanab Berry slows down the movements of a wild Pokémon. This will make it easier for you to catch said Pokémon. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of candy that you receive after you successfully catch a wild Pokémon.
- New avatars and clothing options: You now have more choices when it comes to caps, shirts, pants and other items to make your avatar look unique.
New Starter Pokémon in Generation Two
In Pokémon Generation Two, you will also find new starter Pokémon. In Generation One, these starter Pokémon were Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Generation Two of Pokémon GO, you will find the new starters, which are Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndaquil.
New Evolutions in Generation Two
There are also several new evolutions that are added in Generation Two. Some of these evolutions are called split evolutions, because you have the choice to evolve one of the Pokémon into several different ones. An example of such a Pokémon is Eevee. Eevee can now be evolved into five different Pokémon; Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Umbreon and Espeon. The following new evolutions have been added in Generation Two:
- Chansey -> Blissey
- Porygon -> Porygon 2
- Seadra -> Kingdra
- Scyther -> Scizor
- Golbat -> Crobat
- Onix -> Steelix
- Gloom -> Bellossom (split)
- Eevee -> Espeon (split)
- Eevee -> Umbreon (split)
- Poliwhirl -> Politoed (split)
- Slowpoke -> Slowking (split)
More information about the eighty new Pokémon that have been added into Generation Two of Pokémon GO can easily be found on the internet. I have decided to not list them here to keep it a surprise. There are some very interesting, and mythical, Pokémon in the list!