Samsung Galaxy S7: rumours, 3D-Touch display, pictures: The news about the launch of Samsung Galaxy S7 has already created a lot of buzz among the people and many rumors are afloat regarding its features and specifications.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 will be launched at the upcoming Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016 in February in Barcelona, but before the launch take a look at the popular rumors which are going around in relation to the smart phone, some of them might even turn out to be true.
1. 3-D Touch display- According to the reports of Wall Street Journal, the Samsung Galaxy S7 series will have the pressure-sensitive display similar to the one available in Apple iPhones 6s series.
This feature of pressure-sensitive display allows the users to look into the apps without actually opening it. Some special functions for the apps can also be set by the developers, when users apply pressure on the icon.
The reports also stated that the design of Samsung Galaxy S7 will not be much different from the previous phone of the series, Samsung Galaxy S6.
2. Live Photos- This feature is again similar to the one offered by the Apple iPhones. Galaxy S7 is being rumored to have the Live Photo features which will allow the users to share their photos on social networking sites as GIFs.
The news about this feature was reported on Android Geeks and they have also said that this feature still needs some more development and therefore it will be introduced as a software update later on the Galaxy S7 series. The company is considering names like Timesless to Vivid Photo for this feature.
Samsung has always brought new features for its camera app, like the ‘Sound & Shot’ feature of Samsung Galaxy S4 which captured the picture along with sound and voice. Let’s see if Samsung keeps up with its tradition and introduces the Live Photo feature or something related to that in its new upcoming samrtphone.
3. Type-C USB charging- If the reports of the Wall Street Journal is to be believed then the Samsung Galaxy S7 will support the high-speed Type-C USB charging facility. This feature is becoming a standard for the smartphones and after Google’s Nexus series it seems that Samsung will also move onto Type-C USB charging feature. This claim of Samsung S7 joining the Type-C USB charging was also made by a report of Sammobile.
4. Screen Size- the reports of Sammobile claims that Samsung Galxy S7 will come in two different screen sizes; the Samsung Galaxy S7 will have a 5.1 inch screen wheras the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge will have a 5.5 inch screen.
5. Processors- The smart phone will have two processors, the “company’s own Exynos 8890 chipset” and another variant will run on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 SoC. On a Chinese website Weibo the GeekBench benchmark scores of Samsung Galaxy S7 with Snapdragon 820 were spotted.